Tuesday 30 December 2014

Runstreak Day #394 - not the most sensible thing...

Well, a run in the daylight is sensible.  A run in the daylight when the frost hasn't cleared all day and you're on the verge of the lurgy.  That's probably not that sensible.  And when later in the evening you're *still* shivering uncontrollably and everyone else is going 'I told you so' and 'you shouldn't have run'.  Which isn't that helpful because at the time I went for a run, I really didn't feel that bad.

The problem with not feeling 100% was that despite being in a lovely part of the country I couldn't go for a very long run or particularly enjoy it.  I ran part of the way to the nearest town, then back into the village, down into a frosty icy hamlet and back to the village.  I wish I'd been more able to enjoy it, but when you're visiting family, trying to squeeze in a run doesn't exactly go down well.

I know people think I'm obsessed with running, but I just enjoy it.  I really do.  I love the way it makes me feel.  I love the quiet of it.  I love the freedom of it.  It makes me feel happy.  Even when it's shorter than I'd like and I'm not feeling as well as I'd like... I still feel happier afterwards than I did before I went.

So why wouldn't I want to do that each day?  Now that I *get* running, I wish more people could get it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment