Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #364 - shorter, faster, happier

... and all that remains is to haul my backside out for tomorrow's run... and a year of running every single day is complete!!!  In fact, exactly a year ago today was the last run I did which had a rest day following it.  My pace was 9:59 minutes / mile.  Tonight, was just a short run, but my pace was 7:50 minutes / mile.  It's been a tough few months since the car accident and I haven't run at anything like a decent pace for a while... so tonight, for the heck of it, I decided to see if my legs still could manage 7 minute-something miles.

The fact that I'm still here would suggest I can.  But my back is REALLY protesting now (I am stupid because it was bad beforehand and I had a terrible night's sleep again, so why I thought today was the day to go for a quicker run, I don't know!!).  It seems that while my legs can manage it, the rest of my body is objecting and it's back to taking it steady again.  Ho hum!  Girl's gotta test this stuff out once in a while though, right?  

The truth is that I love the feeling of running fast.  I love the cold air on my cheeks as I whoosh along.  I love the blur of the pavement.  I love the feeling of lightness in my mind and strength in my legs.  I love the rhythm of it.  That feeling that you're on the edge of okay... right at the edge of what you can manage... yet you can push a little harder and go just a bit faster.  It's fantastic.  There's truly nothing like it.  While I know that plodding sensibly is what's kept me going for the past month or so, I wanted a taste of the buzz of running again.

And then I got home and chomped down some co-codamol with a cuppa cha chaser!!

So... that's almost a full year of running every day.  I am grateful to so many people that I dare not name names in case I forget anyone.  You are kind, inspiring, funny, generous, naughty, wonderful, amazing, brave, strong, supportive women.  You prove over and over again how fantastic women can be every single day.  And I am so, so fortunate to be part of this community.

And tomorrow, I get to run with you.  Aren't I a lucky old me!!

Day 364, you have been run!!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.11 mi
Time:16:33
Avg Pace:7:50 min/mi
Elevation Gain:102 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment