Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #355 - sensible hilly sensibleness

Ten days left until a full year of running every single day!  A couple of handfuls, that's all.  I can do that, right?  My current plan is 'do sensible runs', so while my mileage is wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay down this month, I'm getting my runs in and not breaking myself.  My sensible runs also involve never being more than a mile from home (due to still not feeling too well), so I end up running a loop around where I live... which, sadly, happens to be on a hill.  So all my 'sensible' runs are short but involve at least a couple of hundred feet of climbing.

Sensible isn't always that sensible when hills are involved!

To be honest, I don't really mind doing the hill - there's always a sense of achievement when you've run a mile up it, plus the fact that I was freezing when I set out was remedied after a spot of hill huffing.  It's weird though, the warmth from the rest of my body never manages to make its way to my feet.  In particular, my middle toe on my right foot.  What *is* wrong with that toe?!!

In the end, after I'd done most of my run, I was feeling on the verge of icky, so my sensible run became even more sensible when I cut it short.  Well, apart from having to take a shortcut through weed-smokers' alley at dusk... that wasn't massively sensible... but it did cut half a mile off my run and get me home just that bit quicker!

Two miles a day minimum for the next 10 runs.  Game on.

Geeky stats stuff


Distance:2.17 mi
Time:18:40
Avg Pace:8:37 min/mi
Elevation Gain:168 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment