Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #354 - longest run in a while

Okay, so it's nowhere near as far as I *can* run... but it's the furthest I've run for the past week or so, and that is definitely a good thing.

Ridiculously I was nervous about going for tonight's run and almost didn't go as it's been such a struggle lately.  Knowing that it was an SRC run and you have to be there for a certain time... plus, my husband drives me there because a) he's a good egg and b) I'm still not back to being able to drive.  So, I was dropped off and other than run away - which would still have involved running (obviously!) - the only thing to do was to go in and join in.

I started off by running with a few other people, but to be honest, I wasn't really in a chatty place - I needed to concentrate on my rhythm so that I could manage the run at all.  Not that anyone else knows that - I do though!  I would love my running to be easy again, but it isn't and I am finding new ways to be able to keep on keeping on... and the fact that I managed just over 4 miles, including a big hill, with only one feeling faint episode, is definite progress.  Again, a runner stayed with me when I felt ill - those acts of kindness are amazing and so much appreciated.

Hopefully the tweaks my GP has made to meds will start to make a real difference soon.  

At least my pace, though not where it was, is getting better.  Sub-8 minute first mile... second around the 8 minute mark... the hilliest bit with a GAP of around 8 again... and managed to finish fairly strongly.  It was only around mile 3 that I felt horrible.  But with a 30 second breather, got going again and survived until the end.

Progress.  That's good, right?

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.06 mi
Time:34:07
Avg Pace:8:25 min/mi
Elevation Gain:239 ft
  

No comments:

Post a Comment