Friday 26 December 2014

Runstreak Day #391 - snowy slowy runny

Things to do on Boxing Day?  Oh, I don't know.  How about... running in snow?  You know, big fat flakes of snow.  Flakes as big as the palm of your hand, you say?  Well, don't mind if I do!

Well, I did mind a bit... but mainly when massive flakes of snow did one of three things:

1.  Land in my eye
2.  Land in the teeniest gap between my top and my neck and melt into my bra
3.  Some how manage to land directly on top of my trainers and end up shivering their way into my socks

Of the above, snow in the eye is the worst.  It bloomin' hurts!  It stings, it's cold and your eye ends up watering - which obviously makes contact with the freezing air temperature and hurts your face even more.  And then when you try to wipe it off, you can't because your gloves are soaking wet!

Other than that, it was pretty good fun.  Hardly anyone about, but those who were either gave me *that* look, beeped their horns at me or heckled in disbelief.  Although there was about an inch of snow on the ground, it really wasn't slippy (new snow never is) and I took it steady, plodding my way round my normal short route to stretch my legs and get my run done before the snow got any deeper.  It's also kinda nice to make new tracks in the snow.  You get to feel like a child, happily scrunching along, softly pattering through the snow where no-one else has been.  Snow is also an incentive not to stop - the moment you do, inevitably you get snow down your neck.  Again!

By the time I got home, I was toasty warm, thoroughly soaked and relieved that I hadn't fallen over!!

Happy Boxing Day all!  A snowmungous Day 391... done!

Geeky stats stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment