Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #363 - post-physio painful plod

So, today I 'fess up to my physio that I have run with my back injury... cue lecture on said back injury, complete with pointing out bits on the scary skeleton in the corner.  The gist of what he said was 'blah blah blah running blah blah back blah blah bulging disc blah blah blah running blah blah'.  Which roughly translates in my head as 'it's your body, take the risks you feel like taking, run... run like the wind!!!!'.

Which I'm pretty sure isn't what he meant at all.  But there you go.  :o)

Anyway, back pain post-physio was pretty darned, well, painful.  So, although I did run (no, no I didn't Mr Physio, I just mean I kept mobile like we agreed was a good thing...), I didn't go very far and it was all at a pretty darned steady pace.  Did another new route, just to see where I ended up, knowing that it would be approximately a 2.5 mile loop if it headed where I thought it might be heading.  Wasn't bad at all.  A bit hillier than I intended, but always interesting to run a street or two that you haven't run before.  If nothing else, being confined to my home area with my running right now is making me explore a lot more, just to escape the route-boredom factor which might otherwise put me off.

So, my lovelies, that is Day 363 all run.  Tomorrow is the penultimate day before the year of running every day is done.  I can feel an Oscar speech brewing about how fabulous the support of all my running friends has been throughout... but let's take it as read that if they were all here right now, my living room would a) be VERY crowded and b) I would be over-emotionally hugging them all while crying and telling them how much I loved them in the style of your drunken best friend at a hen do.

It's funny how I managed to hear the 'don't lift anything heavy' bit of what the physio said when it means I can't lift the laundry basket... but I somehow don't hear where he says I need to take at least three days rest in between any run I do at the moment... or something like that, I wasn't really listening to that bit.  ;o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.32 mi
Time:20:29
Avg Pace:8:49 min/mi
Elevation Gain:218 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment