Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #353 - still doing those short runs

I could have run at any point during the day today.  But I didn't.  I put it off and off and off... and ended up going for a run this evening.

At the moment, and it sounds weird, I feel safer running at night.  There are less people about.  Less traffic.  It's quieter generally and I guess that all makes me feel safer.  It also reduces what you can see (obviously), so you can concentrate just on the route ahead rather than all the other stuff going on around you.  Okay, so there are sometimes some odd-bods around, but since I'm in 'blanking it all out' mode, that doesn't matter.

I ran up the hill... counting, counting, counting.  Listening to my footsteps.  Concentrating on my breathing.  Running up hills is probably one of my favourite things to do right now.  You get a sense of achievement with it.  And you get to properly block everything from your head.  Which is a win all round.

Running down the other side isn't bad either, but I did feel knackered at the end of it.  Short runs which are hilly should count more than short flat runs!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.66 mi
Time:22:53
Avg Pace:8:36 min/mi
Elevation Gain:188 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment