Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #350 - big hill...

... exhausted me.

But, I did it.  I managed a mile of running uphill and a further mile and a half before needing to stop (still getting the faint feeling which is massively annoying), that was progress though. I'm forcing myself to put behind me what I have been able to do and focus instead on what I can do right now.  I know I can't do very much, but I am still doing *something* and that's a really important thing for me to hold on to.

Tonight's run was fairly late and pretty foggy.  I don't mind running in the fog though.  It's murky and silent and I need the quiet right now.  I was going to go one route, but I could hear noise and shouting from that direction, so changed my plan and ended up running a longer hill instead.  At least that felt a bit safer.  I spend my day feeling anxious and vulnerable, I definitely don't need that with my running right now too!  As I ran, I focused on counting out the rhythm of my steps.  1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 and so on... it's weirdly soothing and definitely helps me up a climb or two.  By the time I got to the top, the fog had left my eyelashes damp and my face wet.  I much prefer that to the wind and rain of the last couple of weeks.

The next mile was pretty steady.  And it was only at the very end that I could feel myself not feeling too great.  Which is an improvement.  Okay, I know for sure that pulling out of the Beacon Half is the right decision.  And I won't do a really long run tomorrow.  But I am finding a new way to cope with how physically and mentally exhausted I am rather than fighting it all the time.  And that's progress.

350 days in a row.  Still learning new stuff about myself and about my running.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.57 mi
Time:22:18
Avg Pace:8:41 min/mi
Elevation Gain:168 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment