Wednesday 10 December 2014

Runstreak Day #375 - SRC run with my littlest

I really like the fact that my youngest has decided that he wants to come to SRC with me.  He got himself ready in plenty of time, wearing his new running top and jacket... and anyone who owns their own 8 year old will know that getting them to get ready for anything on time is a miracle.  And then he gets ready all on his own and is giving me a running commentary about how he's doing just that.  Bless!

We ran together (obviously), so it wasn't particularly quick, but he is getting better at running.  And his pace is more even... although why it is that little boys need to intersperse running with jumping, climbing on walls and pretending to be a ninja, I'm not sure.

I was glad we weren't going too quickly, to be honest.  My left knee is feeling a bit dodgy at the moment, and I think it's because of my back injury making me run a bit strangely.  If it's not one thing it's another!  After a while, it felt a bit better, but at first, it wasn't terribly comfortable.  Ideally, I'd stick to short, flat runs for a bit - but because I can't drive, I can't do that... so it's hills or nothing.  I just have to find myself the least steep ones I can manage and go with that.

By the end of our run, my son had decided to speed up.  They have a biccie / sweet tin at SRC that they say whoever's back first gets first choice.  Well, he decided that would be him.  Because, apart from anything, he said 'it would be wrong for grown ups to take sweets from a child'!!!!  He spotted a couple of runners coming up behind him and would NOT let them beat him... and at the end, running into a headwind, he was managing an 8 minute-something mile pace!  Good lad!

And another day bites the dust!!

Geeky stats stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment