Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #351 - should have been a HM

... but no half marathon for me.  There was no way I was up to it.  Which is massively disappointing but I am struggling to run a 5k let alone another 3 lots of 5k on top of it.

I ran the same route as yesterday's run.  The reason?  It was short!  I couldn't manage the normal Sunday long run and my original plan to do a 10k today just ended up out of the window after I had a 'not feeling particularly good' day.  I don't have the energy and my new 'just be realistic' Sarah self knows it.  So, I ran up a mile of hill instead - trying to make what I can do count for something.  I try not to look too far ahead when I'm running up a long hill, it's too depressing to see all of that hill ahead of you!  Instead, I concentrate on the next few steps.  On the rhythm of running.  On my breathing.  And switch off.

My main achievement was in not stopping today.  Yesterday, I stopped not far from home... today I pushed through that tiredness and kept on going up the hill.  So, I didn't run a half marathon today.  So, I didn't do my long run today.  I still did something for me.  I did a short run, but I managed to run all of it.  That's really important right now.  If I'm to build back up my fitness, it's things like this that I need to focus on.  It feels like a long road back to where I was before the accident.

Sometimes a marathon isn't 26.2 miles.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.56 mi
Time:22:12
Avg Pace:8:40 min/mi
Elevation Gain:201 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment