Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #357 - jogging not running

After almost a year of running each day one area of expertise I've developed is in collecting catcalls.  They range from the gentle old blokes saying stuff like 'I'll catch you up in a bit, duck' and 'you run this one for me' to the unoriginal bods who'll yell 'run Forrest run' and 'run, run, run' in my direction.  Then there are the 'I'm going to comment on your body' brigade.  They generally vary from the odious to the sleazy - cheesy wolf whistles or comments about specific body parts (mainly arse and legs if you're interested!).  

Well, tonight on a VERY short run, I managed a good selection of those.  What is it with Saturday nights and heckling?!  I bagged myself one wolf whistle.  One 'run, RUN!!!'.  A 'great legs' from someone who was young enough to have me as his mother (urgh!).  And a 'mumble, mumble, letchy bloke, mumble, please' out of a car window from a slimy guy who decided his best bet was to wind his window down, slow up and be incoherent in my general direction.  

The joy of running, huh?  It's so pure and free... right?!  

Oh, and I didn't run tonight if anyone asks.  I had to ask my husband to help me put on my trainers as I can't bend over to do it because of my wrecked back... and he said I wasn't to run.  So I said I wouldn't.  

Instead, I went for a short jog round the block.  

It's totally different.  ;o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.13 mi
Time:17:48
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi
Elevation Gain:99 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment