Wednesday 3 December 2014

Runstreak Day #360 - daytime explorer

360!  Done!  Longest run in a little while too.  Not a massively long run, but longer than I've been able to do and pretty darned hilly as well.  By the end my back was complaining loudly, but most of it felt fairly flowing.  And cold.  It is SO cold out at the moment.  My toes are feeling it most of all and I've gone and acquired myself a chilblain on one of them.  Gah!

It's the first time that I've been for a run during the daytime for a while too.  I've - weirdly - felt safer running at night when it's quiet and dark and there's no-one much about.  But today, I braved the daylight streets when there's more traffic / people around.  Big brave girl pants in full effect!  I also hadn't planned a route, just ran for as long as I felt like running, making up a route as I went... even going up a path that was so steep (it's an 18% gradient for elevation nerds everywhere) I really couldn't run it and just had to walk that part.  

Sometimes it's good not to know where you're going.  I guess that's something else I've learned through this crazy runstreak - having confidence just to go where you fancy rather than running set routes / set distances all the time.  And not being afraid to tackle the hills - I've definitely learned that one!!  I guess above all, it's important not to care that much about anything other than the pleasure of getting out there and getting running.

A shade under 5 miles today.  I thought about going on and doing a 10k, but then just didn't feel like it.  Which is okay too.  Tomorrow, I may just do another bit of exploring... it's good for the soul. 

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.85 mi
Time:42:30
Avg Pace:8:46 min/mi
Elevation Gain:350 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment