Tuesday 29 April 2014

Runstreak Day #150 - flies... again...

150 days!!!!! One hundred and flippin' fifty days of running every day! Flip. Ping. Heck!!!!

And today I ran my 400th mile of the year as well. *looks at legs proudly*

It wasn't pretty though.

Today I had a dose of PMR (pre-menstrual running) which is always sluggish and a bit leaden-legged. Y'know though, that was survivable... but on top of that, there were the bloody flies. Swarms of the damnable things. Flies, flies, flies in eyes, flies in hair, flies, more flies, flies in mouth, flies on clothes... did I mention the dratted flies? Cooer they are bloody annoying. I must look like a complete nutcase running along alternating between flapping and covering my mouth with my hands. One eye closed, the other one squinting. And still the little blighters manage to find a way to penetrate my cunning defenses. Which, coupled with the PMR, made for one irritable me!

The saving grace (apart from it being Day 150 - yay!) was that my daughter came with me, riding her bike. Which meant that in between eating my own bodyweight in flies, we managed to chat. And she was a happy bunny and it was some nice 'us' time. Until the chain came off her bike and I had to attempt putting it back on. Which I managed and then, in wiping the damn flies off my face, ended up with black grubby marks to complement the fly-sweat combo all over my chops.

It wasn't pretty. If you see reports in the local press about a dripping, smeary-faced, flappy handed mad woman running around the countryside in Nottinghamshire... consider me your claim to fame.

However, PMR, flies, filthy face, sweat, grot and everything else aside... 150 DAYS BABY!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

*happy dances*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.35 mi
Time:26:14
Avg Pace:7:50 min/mi

Time:26:14
Moving Time:26:18
Elapsed Time:47:46
Avg Pace:7:50 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:51 min/mi
Best Pace:6:16 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment