Sunday 27 April 2014

Runstreak Day #148 - 8.5 miles baby!!

Most people can't spot it, but today, if anyone sees me, I will have a little happy glow about me.  Like the Ready Brek kid.  Only not a kid.  And I haven't eaten any Ready Brek...

What I have done is run 8 and a half miles!!!  My furthest ever distance!  And it's all thanks to a running buddy who ran with me.  She can run a marathon, I can run a fair-paced 5k... she goes further and slower... I go shorter but faster.  Together we helped each other find a place in between which meant I went further than I've run before while she ran faster.  It was brilliant!  A 'conversational pace' - I now get what that means!!  A really nice route.  Company while I ran.  Nice.  I even felt like I could have carried on... which gives me hope for my first half marathon in September!

It's times like this that I really love running most.  When it proves to you yet again that you can do more than you ever thought you could.  When you get past mental blocks which threaten to constrain you.  When you realise that your body is this brilliant thing that has so much potential... but which is so often neglected / abused.  Running past Wollaton Hall and past the deer, realising I'd run for longer than 1 hour 10 minutes (my previous longest time on my running legs!) I felt completely and utterly happy.

And I may have just done some aeroplane arming down the hill.  :o)

I've earned my cuppa and a roast din dins!

Running is properly awesome.  YAY!!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:8.46 mi
Time:1:22:20
Avg Pace:9:44 min/mi

Time:1:22:20
Moving Time:1:22:11
Elapsed Time:1:22:40
Avg Pace:9:44 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:43 min/mi
Best Pace:6:45 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment