Monday 14 April 2014

Runstreak Day #135 - stop-starty speedy sweaty... and... collapse...

Cooer, hearing all those marathon stories from yesterday has been fabulous. It's such an achievement - I wonder how many miles everyone clocked up if we added together all those 26.2s? It makes my little 3.5 miles this morning seem paltry, but I did carry with me the thoughts of all of those amazing feats of speed / endurance / sheer bloody-minded determination with me as I ran this morning and it sure got my legs going.
Sooooo... I got out there and did my 135th day of running. And... for the first time ever managed to get under 8 minute miles the whole way around. In fact, my pace was 7:39 mins / mile - which was pretty stop-starty because I ran with my daughter who came with me on her bike. Needless to say, I am a sweaty blob of tiredness now! Won't be doing that again in a hurry!!! Cannot believe that those people who were getting their marathons done in less than 3 and a half hours were maintaining that over 26.2 miles. Un-be-flippin-lievable!!!
Oh, and hooray for being on leave. Most people want to put their feet up when they're on leave. I want to put my trainers on my feet and get out there! 
One vat of tea slurped... and another one brewing...
Because I'm worth it  

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.52 mi
Time:26:56
Avg Pace:7:39 min/mi

Time:26:56
Moving Time:26:54
Elapsed Time:49:47
Avg Pace:7:39 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:38 min/mi
Best Pace:5:41 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment