Tuesday 22 April 2014

Runstreak Day #142 - stop start hilly sunny

Still in Gloucestershire... still doing those Cotswold hills and wearing myself out generally!

It's funny, I used to ride my bike around these lanes... and very very occasionally walk them... and always think I'd walked or ridden really far.  Turns out it wasn't that far at all!

Even though it's not really that far - from the village where I grew up to the nearby town and back - it was kinda stop-starty today.  Just wasn't 100% feeling it.  I ran without music, listening to the birds in the hedgerows, saying hello to the horses in the fields, hearing the cows and sheep from the fields along the lanes... and the sun was shining.  I just wasn't feeling it.  Strange how that happens.

That said, there was a moment where I sat on a bench at the top of a hill before going back down and up again into the village where I thought 'y'know what, this is really nice'.  And sometimes stopping and starting isn't such a bad thing after all!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.58 mi
Time:38:46
Avg Pace:8:28 min/mi
Time:38:46
Moving Time:38:46
Elapsed Time:44:31
Avg Pace:8:28 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:28 min/mi
Best Pace:6:53 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment