Thursday 3 April 2014

Runstreak Day #124 - close but no cigar...

124 days in a row...
... and so close to getting under 25 minutes for a 5k that it hurts. Aaaaaargh!!! 25.11 minutes... those pesky 11 seconds are annoying. If I could get a pair of garden shears and lop them off, I would. But I can't. Ah well, fastest time for a 5k so far - 8:07 mins/mile for the whole thing and only an uphill mile at the end to go making my legs work harder than they wanted! I will trim off those 11 seconds this year. I will! 
I was also planning on just taking it easy this evening, but I was enjoying the weirdly smoggy foggy quiet while I was out so went just a bit further than I originally intended. Plus, there was a teensy of light left... and after a stupidly rammed day at work, I really needed the space and freedom of a run.
Y'know, I need to remember how much I like running for the next few days. On Sunday I'm doing my first ever race and am starting to feel the nerves about it all. The 'feeling like a fraud and going to get found out' feeling is starting to tingle.
If I look like I'm sitting in the corner mumbling to myself, I'm just repeating the 'I am a big brave girl' mantra to myself until perhaps I believe it...
*gulps*
*drinks tea... bravely*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.12 mi
Time:25:15
Avg Pace:8:07 min/mi

Time:25:15
Moving Time:25:16
Elapsed Time:25:15
Avg Pace:8:07 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:07 min/mi
Best Pace:6:01 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment