Saturday 26 April 2014

Runstreak Day #147 - Sub-25 minute Parkrun - woooo hoooo!!!!

Yay!!  It finally happened!  I got a sub-25 minute 5k... which, in my weirdly Virgoan perfectionist logic, 'counts' because someone else timed it!  Yay!!  Am pleased because it averaged at 7:58 mins per mile, which is also good for me because a) it's under 8 mins per mile and b) I didn't stop to stretch my aching legs part way round (still suffering from post-garden achy legs!).

Found the first half was filled with pretty crippling nerves and the urge to run off or stop (again!!)... and strangely in the second half there was no-one much that I could see in front of me and no-one much immediately behind - I seem to occupy a weird space in the middle between the fast runners and the others - and felt like I was running on my own, so calmed myself down enough to keep on keeping on.

Really REALLY hate the nerves I have with running with large groups of people.  Nightmares overnight (about running and being caught by someone who's going to kill me - gotta love my inner drama queen!).  The normal parkrun laxative effect.  And that horrible feeling of not quite being in control of my pace.  Plus, I'm still overwhelmed by the feeling that I just can't keep up with other people and at the end there will be someone with a 'you're not a proper runner' sign pointing in my direction!!

Anyhoo... am dead chuffed at getting a sub-25 minute Parkrun time!  Not bad for a nearly 40-something who would have argued until she was blue in the face that she could *not* run and would *never* run just 18 months ago!!  That version of me really was a daft bat.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.13 mi
Time:24:55
Avg Pace:7:58 min/mi
Time:24:55
Moving Time:24:55
Elapsed Time:24:55
Avg Pace:7:58 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:58 min/mi
Best Pace:6:02 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment