Sunday 20 April 2014

Runstreak Day #141 - Easter running bunny

Yum, yum, the Easter Running Bunny has visited and delivered me a yummy 4.6 mile run in the Cotswolds!

How did he know that was exactly what I fancied?

Am staying with my mother in Gloucestershire for a few days... and have never run around the area where I grew up before.  Other than running up and down the hills and woods when I was a kid, but that's different!  Anyway, I did my first run around the hills in this area this morning and it was ace.  Bloomin' cold out and my hands have only just defrosted, but it was lovely.  Funny how much smaller everything seems when you've grown up too.  The distance from the village to the nearby town is suddenly 'only' two and a half miles, rather than feeling like forever away when I was little.  The lanes seem smaller.  The pathways smaller.

The hills, however... are NOT smaller.  Why, when someone was busy shrinking everything else, did they not think to shrink the Cotswolds just a teensy bit?!  It's not too much to ask, is it?  :o)

Anyway, it's not yet 9:30, I'm not having any Easter Eggs, my halo has been polished and my happy dancing perfected...

Tea anyone?

*slurps cuppa gratefully*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.60 mi
Time:39:40
Avg Pace:8:38 min/mi
Time:39:40
Moving Time:39:41
Elapsed Time:42:33
Avg Pace:8:38 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:38 min/mi
Best Pace:6:17 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment