Wednesday 23 April 2014

Runstreak Day #144 - stop, stretch and start again...

So... firstly... I made it through today's run... woooo hoooooo!!!!

Not least because after yesterday's painful run I felt kinda nervous about running today.  However, I chose a flat route and went with my littlest who rode his bike (which always makes it more fun!).  Plus, I stopped and stretched after each mile which helped as well.

I'm still on leave from work (I am VERY good at not being at work!) and went for my run this afternoon.  Things I've learned about afternoon running?

1.  You will get MUCH hotter than a morning or evening run
2.  You will get MUCH redder than a morning or evening run
3.  Small flies will attempt to land in your mouth as you're huffing and puffing
4.  ... or in your eyes...
5.  ... or in your hair...
6.  ... and you'll find some who've committed 'death by sweat' when you get into the shower later on
7.  Did I mention the sweating?
8.  Oh so much sweating!!
9.  And because it's daylight, you pass people who notice the red face, sweat and flies.  It ain't glam.

Mind you, it's always good to get the 'run after a bad run' out of the way.  It makes me feel dead nervous to go out if there's anything niggly as the thought of getting injured is stuck in the back of my brain.  Which means that surviving this one is a big ol' wooo hooo moment!  Plus, it was just under 8 minutes per mile which was fine an' dandy for me too.

Right... tea.  I need tea!

*dances over to the kettle*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.02 mi
Time:24:05
Avg Pace:7:58 min/mi

Time:24:05
Moving Time:24:05
Elapsed Time:26:07
Avg Pace:7:58 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:58 min/mi
Best Pace:6:32 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment