Monday 28 April 2014

Runstreak Day #149 - just a nice evening run...

Okay, so there were flies.  Lots of flies.  And I needed a pee (too much detail?!)

But it was lovely out.  Nice comfortable pace.  Not a 'collapse in a heap tiredness' at the end.  And, importantly, relief that the long run I did yesterday didn't impact how I felt today with my running.

The thing was, I needed a nice gentle run.  Today would have been my Dad's birthday and nearly four years after he died, I still miss his as much as the day he passed away.  And on his day especially.  Running is a particular kind of head space.  A particular kind of calm.  He would never have thought I could run.  I think he felt my defining characteristic was being clever (whatever that really means!).  Nerdy girl does running.  He wouldn't have seen that coming.

I wonder what he would have thought of me going for a run and thinking about him on his birthday?  He'd have recognised the one who was at work at a university all day... but this version?  I doubt it!

In a busy day, running gave me the space breath to think about you and let you drift in my thoughts without it becoming overwhelming.

Happy birthday Dad.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.42 mi
Time:20:13
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi

Time:20:13
Moving Time:20:13
Elapsed Time:20:13
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:22 min/mi
Best Pace:6:47 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment