Saturday 19 April 2014

Runstreak Day #140 - three for the price of one...

140th day of running... tick!!
Today's run was actually three runs - get me! All of them centre around going to do parkrun, which if anyone remembers, I find a complete and utter brain melt. I just get SO nervous about it - and did again today. Awake at five. Enjoying the laxative benefits of parkrunning by about 5:05... and generally winding myself up into a frenzy about it.
So, I ended up doing three runs. The first involved running to Colwick parkrun (to try to calm down my nerves)... then I ran at Colwick with a friend who is a complete and utter superstar and ran with me, stopping me from having my normal adrenalin-fueled panic about it all... and then I ran home from the parkrun up a ridiculously steep (14.5% gradient) hill. 8 miles of running today!
It really helped to run with someone else. I ran at a relaxed pace, got to chat and in the waiting around at the start bit and the bit where everyone's too tightly bunched together (and my brain screeches 'RUN AWAY!!!') it was so nice to be distracted from it by having someone else there. I think before I've ended up getting caught up with the 'serious runners', finishing with not very many other people and then wandering off on my ownsome - and it hasn't felt at all sociable. I've finally had a good parkrun experience! YAY!!
And it's not even time for elevensies.
I believe I will be wearing my smug pants for the rest of the day! 

Geeky stats stuff

Run 1
Distance:2.45 mi
Time:20:28
Avg Pace:8:20 min/mi
Time:20:28
Moving Time:20:27
Elapsed Time:21:16
Avg Pace:8:20 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:20 min/mi
Best Pace:5:45 min/mi

Run 2
Distance:3.15 mi
Time:31:20
Avg Pace:9:57 min/mi
Time:31:20
Moving Time:30:48
Elapsed Time:31:20
Avg Pace:9:57 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:47 min/mi
Best Pace:7:23 min/mi
Run 3
Distance:2.12 mi
Time:19:37
Avg Pace:9:15 min/mi
Time:19:37
Moving Time:19:35
Elapsed Time:21:07
Avg Pace:9:15 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:14 min/mi
Best Pace:7:12 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment