Tuesday 15 April 2014

Runstreak Day #136 - sparkly cold early morning run...

*wearing smug running pants*
I LOVE it when I've done my run before 7:30 in a morning. I get to wear my smug pants for the rest of the day... and I know that I can put my feet up in the evening and not have to do my 7:30 - 8:30 mental battle where I talk myself into going for a run even though I'd rather sit about drinking tea.
So... runstreak day 136 is already done - wooo hooo! Was a little bit nervous about going as my left hip and knee were twingy yesterday, so it was probably a good thing that I only had time for 2.25 miles this morning, squeezing in a run before my husband went to work at 7:30. Which basically meant my brain went into auto-running mode and went 'Must. Get. Up. Early. And. Run. Before. He. Goes'. So I did. 
And today I decided to run without music and it was kinda nice. The birds were happily twittering, there was pretty much no traffic, I got smiles from the very few dog walkers I saw out and even managed to wave at a cyclist who smiled at me too. The downside was that it was bloomin' freezing out there and I didn't have any earbuds to keep the cold wind from going in my earholes!! Sparkly and pretty... but by the time I got home, my hands were blue with cold and my ears ached.
*happy dances to warm up*
Right. Definitely time for a cuppa cha!
Anyone else want a cuppa while I'm at it? 

Geeky stats stuff
Distance:2.23 mi
Time:18:23
Avg Pace:8:15 min/mi
Time:18:23
Moving Time:18:23
Elapsed Time:18:23
Avg Pace:8:15 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:16 min/mi
Best Pace:6:47 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment