Wednesday 16 April 2014

Runstreak Day #137 - sparkly morning runs - hooray!

Oh what a be-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eautiful morning!!!  Sparkly and delicious.  A real 'hooray for being out there and doing something' day.  Especially when that day involves going for a run around the lake and it's all quiet and gorgeous and you feel glad to be alive.  Yeah, that day.

I decided to go for another shortish run today because my lower back, hip and knee haven't been feeling great - my left knee especially shouts at me if I run downhill at the moment - so I chose a flat route and just took it steady.  It felt really good (apart from a couple of slightly downhill twingy moments) and with my daughter riding her bike with me, it was lovely.  I can't believe I'm finally at the point where, even though I'll end up sweating and will get tired, the first part of a run just feels normal and not a big 'oh good grief I think I may need to stop any moment' kinda thing.

For the second day running I ran without music.  It was mainly because I was running with my daughter (am not that anti-social as to block her out with music) but I'd have run without music anyway.  I quite like listening to the rhythm of my feet and hearing my breathing - no matter how puffy and panty that might be.  There's something weirdly soothing about it rather than attempting to block everything out with sound.

Will try a longer run tomorrow and see how my knee holds up!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.71 mi
Time:22:56
Avg Pace:8:27 min/mi
Time:22:56
Moving Time:22:56
Elapsed Time:22:56
Avg Pace:8:27 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:27 min/mi
Best Pace:6:14 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment