Thursday 10 April 2014

Runstreak Day #131 - and another day's done

... all done and dusted.  Hooray!!
Felt kinda pukey and gross today (too much detail?! Nah...)... but managed a run anyway. Some people's opinion is because I'm overdoing it with running. I say it's because I'm knackered and need a break from work. And running is my sanity saver anyway... so there! You can see that we had a very grown up discussion about it all. Running wins. 
Today's run was with both of my kids on their bikes. My kids had brought sandwiches with them - and we had to stop halfway while they ate them. Negotiating running when you're a parent can be an exercise in patience sometimes - especially when you're stood getting cold while your kids are scoffing!
Oh, and I managed a ridiculously steep hill and my daughter went 'you made that look effortless'... if it were possible to love her any more, I would, just for that statement alone!! The key to silly steep hills is to get up on to the balls of your feet, find a rhythm, shorten your stride, not be frightened of them... and just keep going. Yeah, effortless indeed!!
And tomorrow will be another 'effortless' day. 
Could quite fancy a cuppa cha right about now... peppermint tea's on the menu today! Mmmm mmmmm 

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.48 mi
Time:19:58
Avg Pace:8:03 min/mi
Time:19:58
Moving Time:19:57
Elapsed Time:29:53
Avg Pace:8:03 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:02 min/mi
Best Pace:6:06 min/mi


No comments:

Post a Comment