Monday 7 April 2014

Runstreak Day #128 - running my own run...

Today I ran my own run.

I listened to music.  I listened to my breathing.  I felt the rhythm of each step.  I looked up and saw a clear path ahead of me.  A hill to climb at my own pace.  A view over the Trent Valley to look towards.  A path near the woodlands where the air was damp and earthy.

I got back to my happy place.  And I allowed myself to feel proud of what I did with my running yesterday.  And I said to myself for the first time, 'I am a proper runner' as I ran up the hill, without a struggle, without fear... just ran.

Okay, so my left knee and hip are kinda achy today, but that's just one of those things.  I really enjoyed my run and felt relaxed as I went.  So different from yesterday's feeling of panic and lack of control.  It's not even like I'm always looking at my watch as I run - I think I looked at it a couple of times max - but without the comfort blanket of having it yesterday, it tipped me over the edge and all the stuff I'd been worrying about (the crowds, my capability to run, the route etc) crumpled in on me.  The contrast with today was massive.

Today was just me.  Running.

Yeah, that's alright, that is.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.01 mi
Time:26:06
Avg Pace:8:41 min/mi

Time:26:06
Moving Time:26:06
Elapsed Time:26:06
Avg Pace:8:41 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:41 min/mi
Best Pace:6:44 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment