Friday 25 April 2014

Runstreak Day #146 - the day after the gardening before

You know when it's been a hard run when you look at your distance and know that with just 0.1 mile more, you could have got another complete mile done... but there's not a part of you that wants to do it.  I've had that run.

It's mainly because I broke myself gardening yesterday.  Digging over my veggie patch, planting spuds, beans, peas, fruit bushes, sowing seeds... all very virtuous... but bloomin' heck the backs of my legs are killing me today!  I'm walking like a robotic pensioner and making 'ooof' noises every time I get up from a chair.  It wasn't too bad once I started running, but I did make sure that I stopped every so often to stretch and stop myself from seizing up!

That said, it wasn't as warm as yesterday - in fact, I ended up wearing gloves as it was cold and there were no running shorts in sight.  Plus, there was no fly swallowing!  Hooray!!  There was mist and light drizzle... but my littlest really wanted to come with me and it was nice having his ridiculously competitive-bike-riding-whirlwind-boyish company.  Mind you, he does speed off and I have to leg it to catch him up!  I get to do intervals just by keeping up with my 8 year old!

One cuppa cha, a soak in the bath and feet up later, the memory of those aching legs is dulling.

And another run bites the dust!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.93 mi
Time:23:21
Avg Pace:7:58 min/mi

Time:23:21
Moving Time:23:22
Elapsed Time:28:29
Avg Pace:7:58 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:58 min/mi
Best Pace:4:49 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment