Saturday 8 March 2014

Runstreak Day #98 - running is hard work but relaxing - go figure...

Cooer the hill was mean this evening.  I really struggled to run up it.  Achy legged tiredness and I felt like I was shuffling. Plus, it was fairly late so I had to run the gauntlet with the Saturday night crowd as I ran through the High Street.  Always 'interesting' and I'm glad that I never know what anyone's saying as I tune them out completely!!

By the time I'm about a mile into my run, my head is in *that* space which means that I'm not really thinking about anything other than the moment I'm in.  No thinking about work.  No trying to plan for the week ahead.  No worrying about money.  No nothing really.  And it's that bit of running which I really value.  Especially if I'm feeling tired and a bit needing time out.

It's weird to think that something so physically tiring could be so relaxing.  But how many other times in a busy life do you get to listen to and respond to your body?  It's always about stuff outside yourself.  Responding to an environment.  To what someone's saying.  To something you need to plan.  Responding to a time pressure.  But running is just running.

Simplicity is a luxury.  Even if the hill was mean.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.11 mi
Time:27:18
Avg Pace:8:48 min/mi

Time:27:18
Moving Time:27:19
Elapsed Time:27:26
Avg Pace:8:48 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:48 min/mi
Best Pace:6:49 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment