Monday 3 March 2014

Runstreak Day #93 - Spring is coming!

Not the best, not the worst run today.  I didn't feel 100% and could happily have stopped, but the sun was nice.  I ran without needing to have my ears covered to protect them from the cold (wooo hooo!).  And without my gilet on (yay!).  And not even any gloves on!!!  Spring may well just be coming along.  Hooray!!!

Knowing that you survived a Winter worth of running every day is kinda rewarding.  But knowing that Spring and some less brutal conditions are just around the corner is worth savouring too!  Evening runs.  Bright morning runs.  The chance to run for longer in the evening without worrying about how well lit a route is.  Nice.  :o)

A year ago today I ran for 25 minutes without stopping for the first time ever.  Today I ran for just over 24 minutes.  And didn't worry about how long I was running for.  Just ran the run I fancied running.  It's nice to have the confidence to make a choice about what I run and know that I can choose whatever suits rather than feeling compelled to keep on 'making progress'.

Oh, and the confirmation of my Tissington Trail Half Marathon place came through today.  Am very excited and VERY scared all at the same time.  Maybe I do need to start making some progress pretty sharpish!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.69 mi
Time:24:09
Avg Pace:8:58 min/mi

Time:24:09
Moving Time:24:09
Elapsed Time:24:09
Avg Pace:8:58 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:58 min/mi
Best Pace:6:19 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment