Monday 17 March 2014

Runstreak Day #107 - Short and not too sweet...

Not feeling too great today - have a head cold which isn't the best.  Which also meant that I experienced the weirdness of an evening run where I got to be running past fish 'n' chip shops without being able to smell a thing from them.  Very odd!

So - nothing remarkable about today's run either.  I ran just to clear my head as much as anything.  Running is great for escaping stress in whatever form that tries to intrude into your life.  I've worked out that the more stressful the situation, the more I want to run up hills - the sheer concentration of getting up a steep hill means that nothing else can come into your head and you get to exist only in that moment.  Today's run involved a stupidly steep hill, even though the run was short, it was enough to get that bit of freedom I needed.

That and running home to a cup of tea and a box of tissues.  That was good too.

And Day #107 is done.  Hooray!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.04 mi
Time:18:06
Avg Pace:8:53 min/mi

Time:18:06
Moving Time:18:06
Elapsed Time:18:06
Avg Pace:8:53 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:53 min/mi
Best Pace:7:13 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment