Wednesday 19 March 2014

Runstreak Day #109 - another dark run

Y'know, I haven't much to say about today's run.  It was hilly.  It was windy.  It was dark.  I got hot and sweaty.  I ran a reasonable time on a fasting day on a route which involved hills.  That was about it!

I really am looking forward to running when it's lighter though.  When I can only squeeze in a run in the evening, it is inevitably a dark and slightly spooky affair.  I tell myself I could out-run any trouble and I don't listen to what's said to me as I run (inevitably by groups of blokes)... but while the dark is a reassuring blanket in some ways, it does make me feel more vulnerable.  The streets are almost too quiet some how.

I want the light evenings back.  Properly light.

And then when I run up and down the hills in the evening, I won't feel on the verge of getting run over / treading in something gross / being harassed by guys in vans!

Yeah, that'd be nice.  Bring back the light!!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.06 mi
Time:26:43
Avg Pace:8:44 min/mi

Time:26:43
Moving Time:26:43
Elapsed Time:26:43
Avg Pace:8:44 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:44 min/mi
Best Pace:7:03 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment