Sunday 30 March 2014

Runstreak Day #120 - a year since I finished Couch to 5k!

A year ago today I ran for 30 minutes for the very first time as part of the last week of Couch to 5k.  Only a couple of months earlier I couldn't run for more than 45 seconds without feeling like my burning lungs were about to explode.  My 30 minutes of running that day meant I covered just over 2 miles.  The thought that I could run 5k at all let alone in 30 minutes seemed so far away.  Because I used an app to track this stuff I can see that in the end that day I managed 3 miles in slightly under 45 minutes - at an average pace of 13:56 minutes per mile.

Today, I ran for my 120th day in a row.  I ran 5k in 25:44 and 10k in 54:05.  My pace over 10k was 8:36 minutes per mile.  And that's after having run for 6 miles yesterday.  In March alone I've run more than 100 miles.

The reason for all this nerdy stats stuff is just to remind myself how far I've come.

Every second, every minute, every mile, every milestone.

Little improvements all the time.  Little personal victories.  No-one else's race but your own.  No-one else's effort but your own.

What a difference a year makes.

Running is amazing.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:6.29 mi
Time:54:05
Avg Pace:8:36 min/mi

Time:54:05
Moving Time:54:07
Elapsed Time:57:16
Avg Pace:8:36 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:36 min/mi
Best Pace:6:47 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment