Sunday 23 March 2014

Runstreak Day #113 - the 'pick yourself up and get back on the horse' run

I worked myself up into a right nervous state about going out for a run after yesterday's disaster run.  I was petrified of the stomach pains etc happening again and being too far from home to collapse in safety!

Anyway, I was given some great advice about just heading out for a mile and seeing how it went which worked out brilliantly.  I was in such a state that I could feel the tears coming during that first mile, almost back to the very first day when I had no idea if I could run at all... but once it was done and I got into my rhythm it was fine.

I went on a 'see where I end up' run... managed to get lost halfway through, ending up on a disused railway line with no way off it - whoops!... got hailed on, got rained on... had some drunk bloke with three teeth tell me that if I stood on a drain I'd fall right through (nice)... ran up a hill which is a 17% gradient (the sort that if you cycle it you can't stop or you'll fall off)... ran through the woods... ran 7 miles and... most importantly... I did it!!

And I actually felt like I could have done more, which was a nice feeling.

Another day bites the dust!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:6.84 mi
Time:1:01:46
Avg Pace:9:02 min/mi
Time:1:01:46
Moving Time:1:01:47
Elapsed Time:1:11:07
Avg Pace:9:02 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:02 min/mi
Best Pace:5:58 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment