Thursday 13 March 2014

Runstreak Day #103 - hills and minor victories

You can't tell from this run that although it was slow I managed a hill which was stupidly steep and which previously had been too daunting to attempt.  And that on a 'very tired and still quite achy after my walk-a-thon the other day' day.  Which is a big fat 'yay' as a result.

You also can't see that my runs are getting later in the evening.  I'm dithering and delaying and pretty darned tired at the moment.  But I also need the space the running gives me.  I need to feel the struggle of a hill.  I need to concentrate on nothing else but the moment.  To will my feet to keep on going up a gradient that, a year ago, I would have struggled to walk up without stopping.  There are so many reasons for running.  Sometimes it's about that sense of movement and freedom.  Sometimes it's to silence your brain so that you can feel a sense of calm.

Sometimes you head out of the door, don't know where you're going, find a small victory to celebrate, and keep on running, just enough, so that you know that you are alive and surviving.  And when you get home there's a bit of you that just knows you can do anything you put your mind to.

And that's why running is amazing.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.05 mi
Time:18:32
Avg Pace:9:01 min/mi

Time:18:32
Moving Time:18:32
Elapsed Time:18:32
Avg Pace:9:01 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:01 min/mi
Best Pace:6:41 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment