Friday 28 March 2014

Runstreak Day #118... or... the day that I nearly pooped myself a little bit

... just a little bit.

Why?  Because for the first time I didn't just get heckled by drunks on a Friday night as I ran, I got followed by some idiot who thought (I presume) it would be funny to run behind me.  Fortunately for me, I'm fit and he was just fat.  And I could keep going a damn sight longer than he could and he gave up within two junctions.  But it was bloody scary.  Well lit route, people around, cars around too... and some twonk thinks it's okay to do that.  Pffft.

On the flip side, it was my best time for a hilly 5k (8:24 mins per mile which is good for me!)... so being scared to slow down / ease up your pace obviously works.  I'll add that to my list of 'Sarah's crap running advice' in the morning!  :o)

Anyway, another day, another run.  Am amazed that my legs are still functioning after a ridiculously busy, stressy week. Talking to my husband about running earlier this evening, he didn't really get why it was important to me to run every day, especially when I'm tired.  But... the whole point is that when things are really stressy, running is the only time in the day (when I'm not asleep) that I get to not think about all the stressful stuff and be free of it for a bit.

Even if a drunken idiot tries to spoil it... it's still worth it.

*slurps tea happily*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.09 mi
Time:26:00
Avg Pace:8:24 min/mi

Time:26:00
Moving Time:26:00
Elapsed Time:26:00
Avg Pace:8:24 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:24 min/mi
Best Pace:6:15 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment