Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #321 - post-physio painful run

So... after a hilly (but fun) run with some lovely running friends last night... today... I had the opposite.  A flatter, less fun run on my own for day 321... and a post-physio painful run at that.

When the physio (who is super dooper nice and enthusiastic even when he's inflicting pain!) says 'this will be sore for the next couple of days', you know that your run is going to be... ermmm... interesting.  I managed just over a mile when the pain in my ankle made me stop for a moment.  Swear a bit.  Then carry on.  And then another mile before the shoulder and back pain needed a bit of a stretch and a breather to try to lessen it hurting.  And now I'm home, I'm still feeling sore.  'Sore for the next couple of days'... you say?  Well, isn't that something to look forward to, Mr Physio. *winces*

In my brain, regardless of boring 'recovering from accident stuff' (still haven't managed walking by the road without blubbing in frustrated panic yet, and can't bring myself to drive - how pathetic am I!)... there is other good stuff to look forward to.  I'm doing the Leadership in Running Fitness course a week on Saturday.  We're going to register our Notts Women Runners group with Run England in the next few weeks.  And I've entered another half marathon for next month (Beacon Trail Half Marathon - a half marathon for fun, what am I thinking?!?!).

Life may be temporarily derailed, but good ol' running is giving me stuff to focus on which is helping drag my head out of the sludge-fest it currently finds itself in.  That's not bad going really.  Thank you, running!

And tea.  Thank you tea for being all tea-ish and delicious.

And painkillers.  Those are awesome too.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.17 mi
Time:27:25
Avg Pace:8:39 min/mi
Elevation Gain:126 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment