Sunday 9 November 2014

Runstreak Day #329 - LiRF day, slow run

I did an 'emergency back up only a complete data nerd would think this was a sensible thing to do it doesn't count unless it's recorded' run this evening.  It was a shabby affair really.  I ran with my littlest - with him carrying a torch and at first doing his best impression of a stuntman, running along walls and jumping off, singing like a crazy thing... and then running out of energy at just after two miles and having to run-walk the last bit home.

I had run a fair bit earlier in the day as part of the Leadership in Running Fitness course I went to with a lovely running friend - but my brain doesn't count that running because I never recorded any of it!  The course itself was good.  Learned lots.  *Still* know that I don't do proper warm ups, but will get my act together when I'm working with groups in future.  Plus, it was really enjoyable and I feel like I can give planning and delivering 'proper' sessions a good go and actually do this thing properly.  Which is part of what we're going to be doing just after Christmas in Notts when we start running beginner learn-to-run courses - super dooper exciting!!  It blows me away that at the start of January 2013, I'd never run a step in my adult life.  And now, I'm going to help other people start to run!  So brilliant!

The only bit I didn't enjoy was where I got absolutely frozen during the afternoon practical bits.  Those were good... but I got stupidly cold and without the happiness of tea to warm me up, was like an ice-block by the end!  It's taken me all evening, five cups of tea and a warm bath to get warm again!

After the last few absolutely sh*tty weeks - and yet another night of little sleep and nightmares - today sure was a welcome break!!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.02 mi
Time:33:33
Avg Pace:11:06 min/mi
Elevation Gain:130 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment