Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #322 - zombie running

Day 322 and I couldn't really face a run on my own today. It was dark by the time I had chance to go and after physio yesterday it's been a pretty sore day generally. So... I persuaded my littlest to come with me on a spooky run! Genius!

I get company... I get to run slowly... he gets to wave a torch about enthusiastically (apparently it was a lightsaber)... he manages to keep a hi-vis vest on for most of the run before declaring that he's boiling and MUST take it off... and together, including one pitstop at Tesco for a pee (why can't boys just hold it in for a bit, huh?!), we ran 3 miles. It was good. Completely no pressure on me in terms of my running, but having his company and chit chat instead.

We discussed the intricacies of zombies, zombies eating brains, how you could tell it was a zombie (answer: it would be eating brains, obvs!) and so on. Every so often we stopped for him to catch his breath and stretch. But his idea of stretching involved lying on the pavement doing a bridge or some other kind of crazy yoga position. Can you imagine if us grown ups were that uninhibited? No more mimsy stretching, full on sprawling instead. Quality.

By the time we got home he said he was absolutely boiling and ran his arms under cold water to cool down. 8 year olds are weird!

Fingers crossed my ankle doesn't hate me after that run too much... and that I get more sleep than last night. Damn painful bits and bobs keeping me awake! Grrr to them!

Might just have another quick cuppa...

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.08 mi
Time:31:23
Avg Pace:10:11 min/mi
Elevation Gain:100 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment