Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #324 - bad runs are like buses

... you wait for a while and then several come along at once.

It was hard work to get out at all this evening.  I really didn't fancy it.  It's always like that on the day I've had a counselling session.  It's such a draining process that it leaves me feeling exhausted.  That realisation that I'm still a mess after the accident is front and centre for part of the day... and the after effects ripple throughout the rest of the day.  The lack of decent sleep also takes its toll - nightmares about being trapped are the current flavour of the moment - and it adds up to a rubbish Monday run!

So, my plan, after I forced myself out, was to just to loops from my house to the bottom of the hill, back up to my house and out again... about a mile and a bit... and to run that 3 times to get to 3 miles worth of run.  Never too far from home in case I really wanted to give up... but doing enough that it was worth doing.  Up and down, up and down.  Slogging my way through my run.

And hoping that tomorrow will be better.  I wish I felt able to drive to go to some different routes... but for now, I'm just doing what I can do to keep on getting out there and grabbing back a bit of me.  Even if the version of me is the sulky tired version who's not keen on hauling herself outside for a run!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.02 mi
Time:26:06
Avg Pace:8:39 min/mi
Elevation Gain:220 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment