Sunday 16 November 2014

Runstreak Day #342 - annoyingly slow

... but annoyingly slow is all that's keeping me going at the moment until I get the whole 'feeling faint / generally not feeling very well' thing under control.  I think I might not be able to do the trail half I'm meant to be doing in just over a week's time - will have to see how I feel next week, but if I feel like this then, it'll be a sensible decision rather than a stubborn one.

Today's run was the same old boring route with a slight variation to try to make it just a bit more interesting.  Because I haven't started driving again yet (really not sure when that's going to be - it's massively anxiety inducing to think about right now), I can't go anywhere for a run... so end up running the same loops around the neighbourhood over and over again.  Today's detour involved running round some streets that felt just a bit too dark.  And then I nearly got myself run over by a prat in a car who wasn't looking as he went to pull out of a car park!  Won't be doing that route again!!

I'll also be glad when the fireworks have stopped.  I hate the banging and general noise and ended up wearing my earphones to try to block it all out a bit.  It distracted rather than blocked it out, but you've gotta try this stuff, right?

Anyhoo... just over 5k.  A very slow pace.  Looking forward to feeling better as this sucks quite badly at the moment!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.15 mi
Time:28:20
Avg Pace:9:00 min/mi
Elevation Gain:143 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment