Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #327 - hills with friends

Something weird's happened over the last year.  At some point... I don't know how it happened... I... and I can hardly bring myself to say this... but... I quite like running up hills.  Okay... I like running up hills.

There.  I've said it.

I like running up them.  I really do.  Hills are great.  I have outed myself as a full-on hill lover.  Ta da!!!

They are a pain in the arse, sure... they make you all sweaty and gross... they make your legs feel like they're made of jelly at some point... but when you get to the top, you get a little bit of 'YEAH BABY!!!' which is the gift that keeps on giving because you never tire of getting to the top and feeling just a bit bloomin' epic.  And then... then... you get to run down them like you're 8 years old and you don't give a monkeys about anything other than running down a hill.  At full pelt.

WOOOOO HOOOO!!!

Tonight was 5.5 miles of hilliness.  Running with a lovely group of Notts Women Runners... which makes running up hills more fun because you get to chat and go 'yay!' with other people.  And although I've had to have my ankle raised since I got home (damn stupid bloody accident!)... running a hilly run with old and new running friends made me feel a whole lotta happy.  And for the first time all day the low mood that I'm struggling to shift at the moment... shifted.

Running + hills = happiness.  Who knew?!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:5.50 mi
Time:50:35
Avg Pace:9:12 min/mi
Elevation Gain:394 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment