Wednesday 19 November 2014

Runstreak Day #349 - short and sensible

Well, if sensible involves running up a jolly steep hill, then that's sensible.  I only did just over 2 miles, but it really was enough for me at the moment.  I need to just do what I can do and make what I can do... count - if that makes sense.  So, if all I can manage is a couple of miles, then there will be a hill of some sort involved.  And I will try to focus on my form / breathing.  Or at least try to get something useful out of it.

I also don't want the pressure of other people who, given that I'm going through a rough patch right now, seem to think that the only thing I *should* do is to stop running.  But having seen my physio today and let him know that I'm not doing Sunday's half, he said a) good (yeah, I can do sensible) and b) our aim is to keep you running.  My aim is to keep me running too.  And if it means taking it back to short distances and just getting myself out there and moving.

Physio is definitely helping my ankle and shoulder / neck.  No, they're not better yet, and although running after physio is probably the most painful run of the week, weirdly, it's walking up and down hills which aggravates my ankle far more than anything.

So, a random bit of waffling.  I didn't go far.  I didn't quit the runstreak.  I don't particularly care about the whole runstreaking thing.  I just want to experience the freedom that running gives me.  To blank out the stuff in my head for a short while.  And I'm hanging on to that.  No-one else needs to understand that but me.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.15 mi
Time:18:39
Avg Pace:8:40 min/mi
Elevation Gain:164 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment