Sunday 16 November 2014

Runstreak Day #341 - slowness prevails...

Yes.  More slow running.  And more nearly fainting too.

Aaaargh!!

This time, I ended up sat on a bench with my head between my legs as the ground went swirly in front of me.  Had to stop a few times after that as well because I still wasn't feeling good.  I am torn between wanting to run to feel the freedom of running... and feeling too ill to run.  At the moment, I need the feeling of freedom more than anything because life has become a restricted, anxiety-fest which isn't much fun at all.  But boy oh boy is it hard.  When I'm feeling better, I will *never* take it for granted.  Being able to run with ease is a luxury.

I will also remember that when I'm doing the beginners' courses we're running from January.  The joy of running can seem so far away when running itself is hard work.  You have to feel that it's worth it though to carry on, don't you?  Whatever worth there is in it, you have to tap into that to find your motivation.

Oh, and today's run was actually two runs.  One was me running on my own - listening to music for a change (which didn't help!).  And struggling with the big hill and my general tiredness.  The second was with a friend as we went to see how another beginner group was being run.  Less struggle, more chatting for the second run.  Running friends are brilliant.  Especially when they understand what you're going through.

And that's another of the reasons why I'm still running.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.14 mi
Time:28:19
Avg Pace:9:01 min/mi
Elevation Gain:210 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment