Sunday 16 November 2014

Runstreak Day #339 - form and fainting...

So, that's day 339 all done and dusted.  And I almost had to exercise the 2-mile minimum rule this evening and in the end only did 2.5 miles.  A bit pathetic, but then, the whole point of the 2-mile minimum thing was about running fitting into less than 20 minutes if it needed to.  And tonight, it did.  Because that's all I had energy for.

Ended up sitting on a wall with my head between my knees at one point as I felt faint.  All part of the general exhaustion I'm experiencing at the moment, but weird to deal with.  While I wasn't feeling crappy, I was trying to be a bit more grown up with my running and think about my form / pace.  I think with the ankle / back / rib pains I've had from the accident, I've ended up not running terribly well.  So, tonight, I focused on running taller, lighter and getting my knees up a bit more.  Definitely makes a difference to your pace if you pay attention to your form.

And it distracted me from the fact that it was BLOODY FREEZING!!!!!

Am back to two layers on top, thermal long running tights on and gloves.  And a Buff.  And if I could hibernate / run while wrapped in a duvet, that'd be lovely.

How long until Spring again?!

Tea, slurped... and off to bed!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.36 mi
Time:18:54
Avg Pace:8:02 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment