Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #328 - no excuses

How not to prepare for a run...

1.  Have a physio appointment which leaves your ankle and back feeling sore
2.  Eat a truck load of curry
3.  Realise you have no suitable running kit
4.  Wear the dregs of your running wardrobe and end up baking in a thermal top and thermal running tights
5.  Don't leave enough time between currying and running... because everyone should run with a massive food baby on board
6.  Realise that along with all of that, you didn't actually get very much sleep the night before (thank you nightmares - you are splendid indeed...)
7.  ... and that generally it's been a weird day with a panic attack or two thrown in for good measure
8.  And by the time you get to run, it's dark, wet, the pavements are slippery with soggy leaves and you're at 'running past pubs on a Friday night' o'clock.
7.  Run anyway.

As runs go, it was a pile of cack.  But, after 328 days, it's not like there haven't been a fair few cacky runs along the way, so another cack one won't really make a difference.

Y'know, there are always excuses why you can't go for a run, aren't there?  If you waited for the perfect day, the perfect conditions, the perfect route, the perfect running kit, the perfect running buddy, the perfect distance... you'd never get out of the front door.  Most of the time, you just make a decision to run and do it anyway.  Today, I did it anyway.  And the fact that you put aside all those reasons why not and make a choice to say 'sod it, I'm going', probably does more for your self-belief and resilience than you might imagine.

And tomorrow, I'm doing the Leadership in Running Fitness course all day!  Which I'm looking forward to because it's a positive thing to get my head into, plus, I'm going to learn some stuff which is always good!  I'm also going to run home from it afterwards because that'll get my run done.  Though I don't know if I'll have the energy left, so we'll have to see how that one pans out!

Still time for a cuppa?  I believe so!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.13 mi
Time:27:09
Avg Pace:8:40 min/mi
Elevation Gain:94 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment