Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #325 - avoiding the crazy weather

Today I get to feel virtuous.  I got my run done before 10am... and before the really crazy windy and rainy weather was due to hit.  After my last couple of really duff runs, I decided to take the easiest route that I can get to without driving.  Which is kinda dull, but dull is okay sometimes!

The first part of it was okay.  Nearly had someone pull out of the petrol station without looking and straight into me... nice.  But other than that, it was okay.  Dodging some big puddles from the heavy rain overnight, trying to deal with the glare of the sunshine (an unusual sight at this time of year!), avoiding the trio of dog-walkers and their skittery dogs... and generally trying to keep to a nice steady pace.

About halfway through though, my legs gave up the ghost.  Well, not completely otherwise I'd be stuck someone on the path that runs by the railway line, unable to move!  But my knee was feeling sore.  Then my ankle.  Then everything just felt heavy and tired.  I stopped and stretched a bit.  And carried on.  But the 'You Must Stop' Fairy had me in her sights.  I carried on a bit.  Then ended up stopping and stretching.  Then carried on a bit more.  And a bit more.  Then the You Must Stop Fairy waved her wand again.  So I stopped.  Got my breath.   Ran up a hill... couldn't stop because there was someone walking up it (and there's a law that says you can never stop if you're running up a hill and someone might see you stopping!)... got almost all the way home.  Then stopped again!

Ridiculous stuff.  I think I've got a lot going on in my head at the moment which is just making me feel a bit tired and run down generally.  Like it's not enough to have a head full of accident-nonsense... I get to feel exhausted and faint a lot of the time too.  Isn't that just dandy!?!?!

Anyway... I'm keeping on keeping on.  These hard work runs won't last forever.  Just gotta treat myself a bit gentle and ride it out and it'll be fine.

I definitely earned my cuppa though!!

Geeky stats stuff


Distance:3.30 mi
Time:27:49
Avg Pace:8:26 min/mi
Elevation Gain:150 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment