Sunday 2 November 2014

Runstreak Day #323 - the awful long run!

Good grief I did not get on well with today's run.  I just was not feeling it at all.  Some runs you do.  Some you don't.  Today, I didn't.

For a start, it was a t-shirt and shorts day.  Which is weird in October.  And threw me slightly.  And then it was stupidly windy.  Which I always hate, especially when it comes to running into a headwind for nearly 6 miles along the river.  And then I had stomach ache which, had I not been running with a group would have had me stopping and bending double to try to provide some relief.  And my ankle / back weren't feeling great.

And the list could go on and on.  Moan, moan, moan!

To be honest, I wasn't in the best frame of mind to start my run.  The delights of the post-car accident crap continue to reverberate and I managed a teary panic (triggered by just the thought of driving again) right before joining the Sweatshop run.  I pulled myself together and did the run, but it does have an impact.  The first three miles were a struggle, even though I was running with someone else the whole time... then the next three, our group of two became four as we ran with another couple of runners - battling the battering from the headwind the whole time.  The last 5 I ran just about on my own, with the other three a little way behind.  I was so glad to get past 10 miles and know I'd got less than a mile left.  Even though I'd taken it steady, it really took its toll.  I wonder how it is that I could run a half marathon two weekends running and be okay... but not even manage 11 miles today and find each mile a struggle.

Felt so ill afterwards I had to go to bed.

Ah well.  Better than not doing it at all.

And it didn't put me off registering for the Tissington Trail Half Marathon next year!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:10.76 mi
Time:1:38:32
Avg Pace:9:10 min/mi
Elevation Gain:55 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment