Thursday 26 June 2014

Runstreak Day #208 - a treacle run

You know when you're having a treacle run.  Everything is treacle-ish.

From the tortuously slow pace of getting yourself ready to go out for a run.  To the inability to find your rhythm.  To the little niggles you feel as you run (including bits stuck in my teeth - grrr!).  To sluggishly deciding on a route.  And the thought of running up hills is enough to make you feel not only like you're running through treacle but that you are carrying lead weights too.  And juggling elephants.  Made of spaghetti.  Covered in oil.  Whilst blindfold.

Yup.  Today was a treacle run.

After each mile I stopped and stretched.  But it didn't really help.  A bad night's sleep has well and truly caught up with me and my legs weren't playing ball.

I'm not sorry I went though.  I need to do some thinking about some stuff and even though I'm tired, the space is much needed right now.  And it's a space that only running seems to give me.  Blanking the nonsense out and leaving a bit of calm in its wake is helping prevent things from becoming stressful.  They might still be confusing, but at least they're not stressful.  And for that reason alone, it reminds me how important running is to me and how much I love it.  Plus, because it took me so long to force myself out for a run, I got to enjoy the late evening scent of the roses and other summer flowers.  And if I'd stayed in and felt sorry for myself, I wouldn't have had that little bonus.

Which just goes to show.  Treacle runs might be a sticky mess... but they're still kinda sweet.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.16 mi
Time:25:31
Moving Time:25:32
Elapsed Time:28:30
Avg Pace:8:04 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:04 min/mi
Best Pace:6:53 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment