Thursday 5 June 2014

Runstreak Day #187 - flies, mozzies and things that buzz in the evening...

Flippin' heck tonight's run was plagued by small buzzing things.  I don't know what my running must look like when I'm in the middle of a swarm of flying nuisances... one arm with my hand up, covering my mouth and nose, the other arm vaguely flapping as it misses its running partner.  Imbalanced and chaotic.

There I am, trying to concentrate on not heel striking - mainly because I can feel that it feels better when I don't - but on the top half, flapping and breathing like Darth Vadar to avoid inhaling half the bug population of Nottingham.

Why is it that all the flat running around me involves going down to the river... which involves battles with the things that buzz?!  A nice flat street to run on, that'd suit me fine!

Am going to attempt a much longer run this Sunday and am nervous that I won't manage it.  It's funny how a run that feels difficult rattles your confidence in that moment... and yet in the longer run, it builds your confidence that you can survive the trickier stuff.

Come on brain... get it together!


Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.34 mi
Time:27:35
Moving Time:27:36
Elapsed Time:29:33
Avg Pace:8:16 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:16 min/mi
Best Pace:6:53 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment