Wednesday 25 June 2014

Runstreak Day #207 - family run / riding

Today I didn't run on my own... I ran with my littlest coming with me on his bike... and my husband on his bike as well!  Hooray for having company!!

Okay, so it always means it's quite stop starty... and we had to visit two playgrounds for my little boy to hurl himself about on the swings / monkey bars for a bit.  But it was nice to be out with them rather than just me on my own.  And, naughtily... it's nice when I can run up the super steep hills and they can't even ride their bikes up them.  Go leg power!!!  I'm still blown away by the fact that I can run up hills I used to struggle even to walk up.  It is the best feeling!!

I also got treated to some new trainers today (I LOVE surprises like that!).  My current ones I bought in February have done 500 miles already and are starting to wear on the mid-foot bit.  They definitely need replacing.  Already!  That whole 'running is a cheap hobby' thing isn't really holding water.

In other random running news, I was brave and revised downwards the time I think I can do the Robin Hood Half Marathon in in September.  Originally I put is at 2:10, but I *think* I could get under the 2 hour mark and have now put it down as 1:55.  Though I'm (obviously!) petrified, I am really excited about running it.  The me who didn't run at all 18 months ago wouldn't recognise this version of me saying stuff like that!

And that, in a nutshell, was Day 207.  I ran, I had fun, I still love running.  YAY!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.03 mi
Time:24:15
Moving Time:24:15
Elapsed Time:55:52
Avg Pace:8:00 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:00 min/mi
Best Pace:5:59 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment